Saturday, March 28, 2009

Henderson gatherings throughout the years



As I've collected family photos over the years, I think my favorites are the group shots -- mostly taken when members of our family gathered for meals or reunions. On the Henderson Reunion web site, I have various collections of these under different headings, but today I'll point you to the "Henderson gatherings throughout the years."

When you click through to the main page, the first photo you'll see is one of Marie, Iva (Marion's wife), Helen, June, Marsha, Gene and Ron. Everyone's smiling.

Compare that to the photo of Grandpa, Marion, Spud and Rip on this page. Spud and Rip seem to be having a good time, but Grandpa and Marion? No. This is why I love looking at these photos: It may or may not say something about the general disposition of the people being photographed -- maybe they just don't like having their pictures taken; I know I don't -- but it's fun to see the expressions on their faces, which tells us a little about the family dynamic sometimes.

The larger value, though, is that we have these images preserved for future generations. Many of the people in these photos are no longer with us. So, check 'em out.

No comments: