Saturday, February 7, 2009

Videos from the 2004 Henderson reunion

After the 2004 reunion in Burlington, I decided to upload some video to the Web site. I figured brief snippets would be the best, otherwise it would be the Web version of going to a neighbor's home and watching their vacation slideshow.

I settled on the idea of video from each of the siblings' introductions of their respective families. I like them, because they bring these static photos alive, and it captures a moment in time before the passing of Rip, Marie and Crockett.

Here are links to each of the introductions for Reanous & Merla, Helen & Don, Marie, Mark & Frances, and Rip & Geneva. They're not long, but it's fun to relive those moments -- mundane as it may seem in the abstract.

I also uploaded another few minutes of video, mostly without audio, of scenes from the reunion of family members sitting around chatting after the meal. Stick with it until the end to hear Reanous' comments -- it's worth the investment of time.

What I'd like to know is this: Does anyone else have some video to contribute, of ANY of the reunions. Just send it to me in raw form, and I'll edit together some scenes and add it to the Web site. The scenes mentioned above are downloadable, and if anyone's really interested, I'll be happy to provide all the raw footage I have from any past reunions -- although I tend to take more photos than video.

My thinking is, if we can distribute this stuff widely enough throughout members of our family, it won't go missing for decades like so much of the material on this site.

Please click on the "comments" button below, or send me an e-mail with your responses and I'll post them on this blog.

2 comments:

thesweetwong said...

I may have video but it would be on an Hi8 tape, or something like that, not digital. One of those things I always intended to convert to digital, but never did, and now the equipment I had to do that (including my old video camera) does not work well. I need to figure out what to do with them, but I never have time to dig into it thoroughly. Any recommendations?

Don said...

I'm not sure. I think some photo/video shops offer the service, but the cost might be prohibitive. When I get my system back up and running, you could mail it to me, if you trust the Postal Service; then I could rip it and mail it back to you along with a digital version on DVD.